Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Weekend Finds

Over the weekend I did a little shopping at the Mitsuwa Marketplace in San Jose, CA.  Here were a few goodies I found.

1.  Sweet Potato Pie Tea by Lupicia - About a year ago I discovered this brand of specialty teas and have been a fan ever since.  Lupicia just opened a shop in the Mitsuwa market and there was a large assortment of teas I had never seen before.  One tea in particular stood out to me, Sweet Potato Pie.  It's a loose leaf black tea and has dried sweet potato mixed in with the leaves.  The sweet potato flavor is subtle. 

2.  Melon Pocky - I've never seen this flavor before so I decided to try it.  What I didn't realize is that they're super-sized pocky.  They measure about seven inches long and look like bread sticks dipped in orange chocolate.  I prefer the texture of the original size but these were fun once.  They're the kind of thing I could see on a dessert table for a party.

3.  Washi Tape - I picked up a couple rolls of tape at the Kinokuniya bookstore.  I discovered out of all my tapes, I use polka dot prints the most. FYI, you can now get washi tape at Target (they have their own line).  Its  located by the office supplies.  It's easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

No comments:

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.