Here's an easy ornament you can make for Christmas. This was inspired by a kokeshi doll (Japanese wooden doll). This mini kokeshi doll ornament is made out of a wooden clothes pin. Directions Below
wooden clothes pins (I get mine at the dollar store)
micron 005 black pen
1.I start with a wooden clothes pin like this one. Saw off where the red line is ( your doll will stand on it's own this way. Sand away any rough edges.
2. Draw face and outline of kimono on the clothes pin with black marker (refer to picture).
3. Paint the front and back side of clothes pin (refer to picture). Let dry.
4. Paint one coat of gloss varnish over the whole clothes pin. Let dry.
5. With a push pin make a hole at the top, center of clothes pin ( I just twist the pin and apply pressure to create the hole, easy to do). You could drill it if you wanted to.
6. Bend wire into an upside down "U" and push into the hole (refer to picture). Reinforce with a little glue.
Here's a picture of a real kokeshi doll (this is a traditional one). I recommend looking at some kokeshi dolls online for inspiration.