Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

How To Make a Unique Gift Tag

This might look familiar to some of you. This star tag was shown in the "rethinking paper lucky stars" post. Someone recently requested the directions for it so I created a tutorial. Here goes..

Supplies
Lucky star paper (cut to about 3-4 inches in length)
mini brads
embroidery thread or string

click on the picture to enlarge and see the steps/directions better

* For a personal touch write directly on one of the tails.
Exp. Happy Mother's Day, Love Jessica!

9 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Thanks for showing us how to make the star tag.
Alison

Christine said...

Hey! That works so much better than trying to squish a Japanese puffy star, soesn't it? *why hadn't I thought of that before???*
Thanks for the cute-as-a-button-button!

Rachael Hutchings said...

Perfect timing on this! I am going to a baby shower on Monday and this bow will be absolutely perfect on the package I'm taking. Thank you!

Indigo Blue said...

Very clever, I like this idea alot.

Beertje Zonn said...

I thanks you for showing us how to make the star tag.
Kind regards

Sonnja
Beertje Zonn

Anonymous said...

^-^, Thanks a lot, I'm also happy to know that other people want to learn it too.

Allison Rankin said...

Neat idea...thanks for sharing!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful star decoration - thanks for sharing your instructions!

Anonymous said...

i love this! I never would have guessed it was so simple. Thanks

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.