Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Almost Spill Proof Bubble Container

My children are notorious for spilling their bubbles within the first minute of playing with them. I can't count the number of bottles that have gone to waste. So I was determined to fix the problem and of course make something. Above is the final result and I'm happy to say it was a success. Directions below.

Supplies:
*one plastic container with a reusable lid, exp. cottage cheese container, yogurt container, tupparware, etc.
*exacto knife
*string or ribbon

1.Cut a large enough rectangle in the top of the lid so the bubble wand can be easily removed(refer to picture).

2. Cut two holes on the side of the container. Tie handle into place (just like a gift bag).

*The handle is optional, I made it for my two year old so she could tote it around easily. Otherwise the container was too big for her tiny hands.

*For a fun child craft project let them decorate the containers with puffy paint.

10 comments:

Amber M. said...

Brilliant. Your kids and bubbles sound like MY kids and bubbles...

Renna said...

I wish I'd thought of that when my kids were of the bubble blowing age! ;-)

mushroommeadows said...

genius! Those little bubble bottles aren't the best...I've spilled many in my day. :)

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

brilliant!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Love this. Super easy idea!

AlasMyDear said...

such a good idea! wish my mummy made me something like that when i was little :)

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I've done this with water colors too!

Anonymous said...

So clever! Thanks for sharing! :)

Ginger said...

Your so right on kids crying after soilling there bubbles .Smart clever idea thank you so much for sharing this idea!

Anonymous said...

Great idea!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.