Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Used Food Packaging to Gift Box

If possible I like to reuse items before recycling them. The gift box above was made from a used fruit bar box. Simple directions below.

Here's the box I started with. Any box will do and it can be any size.

Very carefully take the box apart. The less ripping the better.

Refold the box up inside out. Glue together. You now have a blank gift box to decorate anyway you want. If done correctly the box should look brand new.

*In the top picutre I glued some bottle cap liners to the box. It might be a fun project for a child to decorate the box with markers and stickers. It's a blank slate so the possibilities are endless.

15 comments:

macati said...

simple and PERFECT!!!!!
great idea!
thanks!!!!

Threeundertwo said...

This is great!

World Wide Alternative said...

We do this at home & then fill with homemade baked stuff.
The kids decorate & we also add a recipe down one side & the name of the treat on the front.
Great fun! Xxx

Beertje Zonn said...

This is great idea!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
From the Netherlands

Hurrayic said...

Wonderful idea. It looks so fresh and clean and it's reusing something. That I like. I wanted to mention that I'm having some giveaways coming up - 2 tomorrow - come visit!

Unknown said...

GREAT!! I LOVE IT, most our boxes are always thrown away....and later, we have to buy empty boxes when their schools need them for crafting.

happy weekend :)

mushroommeadows said...

Very nice! Yay for reusing and re-cycling!!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea and I love how you used bottle cap liners, I would have never thought of that!

Oiyi said...

A wonderful way to recycle a box.

Toxiferous said...

What a great idea! I'm always hunting for naked/unmarked boxes to put gifts in and all this time I've been overlooking tons of them!

Ginger said...

Had a few things to send this week and you got it just right how i am sending it! Thank you sooo much great idea!

Elsie said...

What a great idea. I also like to re-use cartons. Empty tea boxes also make lovely gift packagings.

Anonymous said...

nice way to recycle!

Joy said...

Great Idea! I'm a recycler and I never thought of turning those boxes inside out. I love your ideas!

Yanto said...

Great idea. But if you make design with desktop publishing software and then print on stickers. After that pasting on the box, I think that would look nicer. I've made one. But still got no time to post it online. Maybe you can do that.

acespower.blogspot.com
sweet-gift-idea.blogspot.com

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.