Ever get the impulse to bake? I find myself compelled to bake sometimes regardless of the circumstances. It could be over a hundred degrees outside and I'll still want to bake. Well, today that feeling swept over me. I just had to make a Lemon Meringue Pie.
*recipe based off the JELL-O Lemon Meringue Recipe
One pre-made pasty dough
2.9 0z box of lemon JELL-O cook and serve - make sure it's cook and serve
1/2 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1 3/4 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
1. Bake pre-made pastry dough as directed on the packaging. Use a 9 inch pie pan.
2. Mix all pie filling ingredients into a saucepan. On medium heat, stir constantly with a whisk until mixture comes to full boil. Let cool 5 minutes.
3. Pour pie filling into the baked pastry pie crust.
4. Beat 3 egg whites with sugar until stiff peaks form.
5. Spread the Meringue over the filling all the way to the edge of the pie crust.
6. Bake at 350 for 10 -15 minutes until Meringue is lightly brown. Cool at room temperature for four hours.