Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Recipe: Lemon Meringue Pie

Ever get the impulse to bake? I find myself compelled to bake sometimes regardless of the circumstances. It could be over a hundred degrees outside and I'll still want to bake. Well, today that feeling swept over me. I just had to make a Lemon Meringue Pie.

*recipe based off the JELL-O Lemon Meringue Recipe

Ingredients
One pre-made pasty dough

Pie Filling
2.9 0z box of lemon JELL-O cook and serve - make sure it's cook and serve
1/2 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1 3/4 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice

Meringue
3 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar

1. Bake pre-made pastry dough as directed on the packaging. Use a 9 inch pie pan.

2. Mix all pie filling ingredients into a saucepan. On medium heat, stir constantly with a whisk until mixture comes to full boil. Let cool 5 minutes.

3. Pour pie filling into the baked pastry pie crust.

4. Beat 3 egg whites with sugar until stiff peaks form.

5. Spread the Meringue over the filling all the way to the edge of the pie crust.

6. Bake at 350 for 10 -15 minutes until Meringue is lightly brown. Cool at room temperature for four hours.

7 comments:

nobu said...

Looks delicious. I'd like to have it.
By the way,Traditional summer festival is not to be held especially on August 24th.
It is held during summer( almost August ) here and there in Japan.

Brandy said...

I have been reading your blog for a couple of weeks and am really enjoying all of your creative ideas. Yes, I get the urge to bake and must I made a delicious chocolate cream pie yesterday and it was 98 degrees outside!

Amanda @ www.kiddio.org said...

Ooh, my favorite! Well, second maybe to pecan, or chocolate pecan, or maybe coconut...but right up there! It's always so impressive but not that hard, really. Your top is just lovely with all of the little peaks :)
I love that lemon pie filling mix--add a little lemon zest and juice and you can make a lovely lemon curd (which otherwise feels like a lot of work!)

bunbun said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!
This lemon meringue pie looks like it deserves a blue ribbon!

Renna said...

Oh, yum; that looks positively mouthwatering!

ms firefly said...

looks so inviting!!! wow, i felt like diving into your pie now. :)

Toxiferous said...

So yummy looking! This reminds me that I haven't had anything lemon flavored in a long, long time so I might have to try out this recipe!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.