My Grandmother would keep her breakfast bar stocked with this biscotti during the holidays. I remember how the aroma would fill up the whole house when she baked it. It smelled heavenly and tasted delicious. For me, this is the best biscotti I've ever had.
3 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3 tsp anise seed
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
1. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add beaten eggs. Add the extracts and almonds. Add the dry ingredients and mix.
3. Shape into two oblong loaves and place on two parchment-lined baking sheets.
4. Place in a 325 preheated heated oven for twenty five minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Keep oven on.
6. With a serrated knife, cut the loaves into diagonal slices about 1/2 inch wide.
7. Place slices on their sides and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from oven and cool.