Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Friday, September 12, 2008

How To Make a Child's Art Smock

I made this little art smock out of a used rice bag. It takes about a minute to make and requires no sewing. Directions below if you want to give it a try.

Supplies:
Large Rice Bag - if you don' have any on hand, ask your local Asian Restaurant for one
* try to find a bag that has a plastic lining

Scissors

* I turned the rice bag inside out to expose the plastic lining. The plastic repels the paint.

This smock does not close in the back but you could easily add Velcro for a back closure.

9 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Argh! How cute is she??? Linking to this project...

nobu said...

Nice idea.
The kanji symbol on the rice bag is "夢" ( dream ).
Really, it has a dream.

Snippety Gibbet said...

Oh, I like that. I wish I had a hookup for the rice bag.

Unknown said...

too cute, love it :Dyx

Rachael Hutchings said...

What a great idea! You never cease to amaze me. :-)

mayaluna said...

What a phenomenal upcycle...my kind of refashion! We eat a lot of rice...buy in bulk...I might need to go get a sack. I've said this before, you are a genius! I think this is one of my favorites of yours!
ps thanks for the tomato pie recipe:)!

ms firefly said...

very cute, the pink sack pulled it all together!

ZenCrafter said...

What an inspired idea! I'm just trying to imagine what size rice bag I'd need for my very large preschooler!

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea and wonderful way to recycle something no longer needed!

Thanks for sharing the idea. :-)

Farrah from...
www.wifeandmomof3.net
www.tbfreviews.wordpress.com

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.