Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Vintage Halloween Peg People

Inspiration for the Halloween Peg People came from a vintage image over at Faerie Dust Dreams. Directions Below

Supplies

Wood Person Peg - I got this at Michaels for about two dollars.
Acrylic Paint

Gloss Varnish








For "pumpkin face" paint the body of the peg black and the entire head orange. Let dry. Paint on the details. Painting in layers works best. When the paint is dry brush two layers of varnish on the peg. Done.

For the cat, paint the whole peg black. Then follow the same steps as the "pumpkin face".

For some reason I had this song (click here) in my head when making these. Anyone else remember this song?

8 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh how cute! I cannot wait to link to these!

Jen said...

these are great! i love vintagey halloween stuff

Anonymous said...

OH they are super cute!
But thanks (not)for putting that song into my head! AAHHH hehe

Amber M. said...

I adore the old vintage Halloween decorations...what a great idea!

Lucy said...

I love those!! I wish I could paint. One more thing I can't do but I think the kids would have fun making these for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome. There are so many things you could do with them. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Ginger said...

So cute i love them you make the cutest little things .I love coming here and learning .
hugs ginger

Unknown said...

woo..cute as usual, happy weekend :D

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.