Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cute as a Button Ornament


Can I just tell you that this is my favorite time of year, when Halloween is over and we go full force into the holidays. While some are rolling their eyes at the Christmas displays already up, I'm secretly reveling and rejoicing in them. It's not like I want to speed along Thanksgiving or anything but Christmas holds a special place in my heart. I like to stretch out the holiday as much as possible. My tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving and is taken down on New Year's Day. So just like the stores are setting up their displays, here's my first Christmas project of the year, the button ornament. Happy Holidays.

right click on image, copy, save

to see the image in a larger size just click on it

19 comments:

Knit - R - Done said...

That is so adorable! I may have to make a lot of these!

Anonymous said...

very cute ornament. i like the previous poster's suggestion of making a lot of these. i imagine ill have them in a bunch of colors.

renee said...

so cute! i look forward to seeing what you make in the next few months. :-)

Unknown said...

It's very beautiful and in Pink!! My girls will go crazy over them :D

Liz said...

Very cute. It will look great on the green tree.

Bel said...

Cute as a button! More please, :D

Threeundertwo said...

Love love love it! Thanks for the pattern!

(I've been playing Christmas music on accuradio.com and making ornaments too. I'm a complete Christmas fanatic).

Ayie said...

very cute decors! nice pink too!

Melissa said...

This is so cute! I know what I am putting on everyone's Christmas presents this year.

Maux said...

I have a friend who puts up multiple Christmas trees. I think she may need to put one in her sewing room this year.

zakkalife said...

Maux,

I could picture a whole sewing themed tree, spool ornaments, pincushion ornaments and measuring tape for garland. Hmm, now to just think of a sewing themed topper.

EricaBurnsDesigns said...

My tree is mostly purple & silver. I am making a few of these for the tree this year! Too cute!

gemma said...

thanks for inspiring us!! It's soo cute!! I think I'm going to do a lot of them!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great ornament! I'm going to have my kids make a few for gifts this year. Thanks for sharing! :)

Catalina Alvarez said...

Oh! this is adorable!
Thanks for sharing!
Regards from Tuscany.
Cata

Alana Jo said...

Wow. Great job.

koolsaumya said...

awesome !!!!!
its rally cute....
thanx.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is too cute! I would love to make one to go along with my soon to be born niece's gift (burp rags I'm making)... does anyone have a good way of cutting out the circles in the middle? Seems tricky to me!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.