Here's a gift idea for Mother's Day, lavender teabag sachets. Steep your clothes in the sweet smell of lavender. Perfect to stuff in dresser drawers or linen cabinets.
I've been holding onto this idea for two years now. Why? I just never got a chance to test it out. You see, every time I come up with an idea, I record it in my journal. I draw a picture of the craft plus directions on how I think it would be made. Often I forget about the idea until I page through my journal again. It's kind of like Christmas for me, I open up one of my journals and discover a forgotten project.
Light weight fabric - cotton or linen
Sewing needle or Sewing machine
purple embroidery thread (optional)
2. Sew across the rectangle three inches from the bottom (refer to picture). Add about a tablespoon of lavender.
3. Sew across the rectangle three inches form the top (refer to picture).
4. Fold both sides upwards and fill with about a tablespoon of lavender in each side.
5. Fold top flaps down, roughly 1/4 inch.
6. Hold both sides together(refer to picture).
7. Pull the tea tag ribbon through the top center of the teabag ( refer to picture). Pin in place.
8. Sew across on dotted lines (refer to picture).
9. Turn right side out. Done!
Tea Tag Directions
Cut a piece of fabric 3" by 1 1'2". Fold in half. Sew down sides (refer to picture). Turn right side out. Place ribbon inside the square. Fold in raw edges. Sew closed.
Optional: embroider lavender image on the tag.