It's beginning to feel like fall around here. In just a matter of days the temperature dropped by twenty degrees. And with the cold weather, I'm starting to crave comfort food such as spaghetti, shepherd's pie and Japanese curry. I never thought I would think of Japanese curry as a comfort food but some how it won over my heart or should I say stomach?
4 cubes of Golden Curry sauce mix
2 cups of bite sized carrots
1 onion chopped into bite sized pieces
1 lb of chicken chopped into bite sized pieces
2 Tb of cooking oil
3 cups of water
1. In a large pot fry chicken and onions in oil till chicken is browned and onions are translucent.
2. Add carrots and water and bring to a boil for about 10-15 minutes or when chicken is cooked.
3. Take pot off heat. Add 4 cubes of the curry (half of 8.4oz box). Mix until the curry cubes are dissolved.
4. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Serve over rice.
* Optional - we like to eat our curry with raisins, pickled ginger, and chopped apples. If you're the adventures foodie type, you might want to try this.