Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Miniature shoes and more!

In case you missed my last Re-Ment post, I thought I would share about the miniature items again. Re-Ment is a Japanese company that makes miniature items such as food, Disney toys, clothes, etc. And I'm pretty much in love with everything. The pieces above are from the Petit Mode Collection. My husband surprised me with the shoe and handbag set (pictured above). You notice I said "me" and not "my daughter". Yes, these are my toys.

I'm not the only one captivated by these miniatures. There's an awesome Flickr group dedicated to the items.

Set 1 from Odekake Shoe & Bag

The handbag is about two inches in height to get an idea of scale.



13 comments:

arie said...

it seems to be made from ceramics...?

zakkalife said...

Arie,

The handbag and shoes are made out of a rubbery plastic. The dress form is made out of a hard plastic.

babalisme said...

I thought it was made from paper clay,
It's really show a real craftmanship in there!

{little.happy.things} said...

Wow, these are cute! Do you collect them? I don't think I will feel enough just have couple items...

Kaye Prince said...

So cute! I was just checking them out online and I really love some of their miniature foods (especially the French baguettes)!

Alexander said...

That is so lovely. Very fine workmanship.

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Tien said...

I adore miniatures ... so cute! My mom used to draft doll-sized dress patterns for me in newspaper during summer breaks to keep me occupied while she worked, and I would sew them by hand for her to "inspect" when she got home. I would have loved that dress form then! Seriously, I would still love one now. Thanks for sharing!

Patricia said...

I love re-ment!!! Impossible to get where I live but I do visit their webpage and dream! Lol

zakkalife said...

Patricia,

I've noticed a lot of online stores now sell the items. That might be worth looking into if you don't mind purchasing items online.

zakkalife said...

Chidori,

What a wonderful memory. And what a great idea for moms who want to teach their children to sew. Thank you for sharing.

*~kAy~* said...

How cute! <3
I'm always amazed by how detailed people can make items despite the small size!

Lisa said...

I love Re-Ment also. I bought the whole set of Hina Matsuri Re-Ment from Kiddyland in Tokyo last month. It's nice to know that other mothers out there are like me !

Anonymous said...

oh, i love re-ment and have quite a collection. happy to know that i'm not alone!!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.