Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Friday, April 9, 2010

Rainbow Decorated Cupcakes

I came up with this idea to make rainbow cupcakes about a year ago. The only thing holding me back was finding twisty marshmallows, until now. I discovered the marshmallows selling at a local Asian market, yipeeee! So needless to say, the hardest thing about this project is finding the marshmallows. Otherwise, making the cupcakes is simple. Enjoy.

Rainbow Decorated Cupcakes
Ingredients:
Cupcakes - I made mine with a basic chocolate box mix.
Chocolate Frosting
Shredded Coconut
Green food coloring
Twisty Marshmallows
Toothpicks
Plastic bag

Add shredded coconut and green food coloring into a plastic bag. Shake bag until the coconut is all green.

Frost cupcake with chocolate frosting. Dip cupcake in coconut to cover the top. You could also replace the coconut with green sprinkles if you wanted to.

Place a toothpick on each side of the marshmallow. Place toothpicks in the top of the cupcake to form a rainbow.


8 comments:

greetingarts said...

Oh, goodness. Do *not* let my child see that twisty marshmallowy gooiness. She'd be all over it in a second! It would never make it onto the cupcake.

Rima said...

What a great idea. Genius.

*~kAy~* said...

i've never seen marshmellows in that shape before :) so cute! there is 'grass' haha! :P

Anonymous said...

... Mhhmmmm what sweet tasty idea, already the colours make appetite;)


♥-lich Marion

Just4Khix said...

What a wonderful idea for our church's vacation bible school. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Maeve Rachel said...

Oh that's such a cute idea! I LOVE it! =)

Ayie said...

kids will definitely love those cupcakes.

Tien said...

I saw these and immediately wanted to eat my computer screen. Maybe it's because I'm always ravenous after I've run in the morning, but the marshmallows and cupcakes look scrumptious!

This would be a really cute idea for a birthday party. I'll have to pass this on to my brother as an idea for his twin girls ... thanks for another good idea!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.