Have you noticed how the mustache trend is slowly fading away while the black rimmed eyeglass is just waiting to take its place? Soon there will be eyeglass everything: plushies with eyeglasses, plush eyeglasses for babies, eyeglass rings (draw your own face on finger to complete), hats with faux eyeglasses knit into them, eyeglass parties, eyeglass invitations, and most inevitably eyeglasses on a stick. So, to celebrate this eyeglass trend I thought I would make a stamp. My inspiration came from my sweater in the picture above. Below are brief instructions on how to make an eyeglass stamp.
I specifically created this image for the stamp. You're welcome to use it for personal use. Right click, copy, save, and print. Feel free to make the image any size you want. I made my stamp about 3 1/2" length.
Flat block of Wood - I like to use the left over wood blocks from kamaboko.
1. Trace template with tracing paper.
2. Transfer image from tracing paper onto speedy stamp.
3. Cut away all negative space with linoleum cutter.
4. Cover with ink and stamp to see what you need to touch up.
5. Once your stamp is how you like, stamp top of wood and glue stamp onto block of wood.