I know this isn't a new idea but if you're looking for a last minute craft project or gift, this might be perfect for you. These crayons would be great for stocking stuffers as well. Simple directions below.
Crayons - peeled and broken into into pieces no larger than an inch in length
Baking pan - I used a star silicone pan I got at Michaels. Target often has fun shaped silicone pans in their dollar section.
Glitter Star Crayon Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Place crayons in baking pan, fill about half way. Sprinkle with glitter.
3. Place in oven for about six minutes. Check often, the crayons melt quickly.
4. Take pan out of oven. Mix the crayon mixture with a toothpick if the glitter clumps together. Let pan cool for about 10 minutes.
5. Place pan in freezer for another 10-15 minutes. Pop crayons out of pan. If you don't want to put the pan in the freezer your crayons will have to cool for about an hour before you can take them out of the pan. Done.
I recommend labeling the crayons so they're not mistaken for candy.
For packaging, I just placed the crayons in cellophane bags and added some Christmas buttons with basic twist ties.
Come back tomorrow to see what we made for the Sunday school teachers. It will be another easy project that you can make in a couple of hours.