Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Book Review: Microcrafts

Microcrafts: Tiny Treasures to Make and Share
Compiled by Margaret McGuire, Alicia Kachmar, Katie Hatz and Friends

At first glance you might think Microcrafts is a book for creating miniatures but it's actually a craft book for tiny crafts. The craft book is filled with twenty-five miniature craft projects ranging from tiny boats to fabric button earrings. Life size patterns are included in the book along with a website address to download them. Besides crafts, the book also includes chapters on: How to Use this Book, Supplies and Techniques, Ideas for Modifying Microcrafts, and Resources.

What I personally like about the book is that the crafts are pretty simple, require few supplies, and the projects can be finished in one day or less. This book would be good for ages tween and up. Even though this book is sophisticated enough for adults, I really think it would be great for tweens/teens.

Below are a few pictures from the book.

Ever wonder how people make those teeny tiny dessert rings? Microcrafts shows you how to make these candy charms out of polymer clay.


These deer heads measure only two inches tall. They would be perfect to decorate a doll house.

Tiny owl ornaments are great for fabric stash busting.

I received a review copy of Microcrafts.

8 comments:

Deanna said...

Adorable stuff! I'll have to see if it's at my B&N so I can flip through the pages. :)

Little Ol' Liz said...

"Tiny owl ornaments are great for fabric stash busting."


I don't know about your stash, but were I to set about busting it with these I would never live long enough to see it finally gone!

dbltimes2 said...

This is so cute, or as my daughter would say, "Aww, it's adorable!" Think I'll put this on my Christmas wish list. Thanks for sharing:)

Amber M. said...

LOVE love the owls!

Fedulab said...

Beautiful stuff inside.
the owls are adorable, but also the deer one
thank u for sharing
^_^
Fede fedulab.blogspot.com

BellsInSpires said...

i thought the book was really cute! it made me want to pick up all sorts of hobbies, sewing, sculpting, everything.

Ayana said...

Dessert rings??? WAAAOOOWWW!!! Just brilliant!

Unknown said...

OMG that's Adooooorable!!!!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.