Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas Popdown Calendar

One of childhood's simple pleasures is popping bubble wrap.  Even now, I'll find myself popping a couple bubbles when I receive a package.  It just calls to me.  Inspired from this simple amusement, I created a Christmas Popdown Calendar for my children.  I can tell it's already going to be a hit in our house.  My youngest keeps circling the calendar waiting for me to hand it over to her.  I just hope I don't find all the circles popped three days into December.



Want to make a popdown calendar of your own?  Here's what you'll need.

Supplies
Bubble wrap - 1" circles
Scissors
Glue
Two toothpicks
Paintbrush or Q-tip
White Cardstock
Print out the template on cardstock.

For the pink/orange template click here.

For the red/green template click here.

Carefully cut out 25 circles from bubble wrap.

Turn bubble upside down and brush glue around the edge of the circle.  Place down on number.  Hold one edge down with toothpick and run the second toothpick around the edge to seal to paper.  It took me about 30-45minutes to glue all the bubbles down.

*Make sure the bubbles are glued on well so they don't fall of when you pop them.

To display your calendar, place it in a frame without the glass. 

8 comments:

tulpoeid said...

What a great idea! There is no age limit for enjoying poppinh bubble wrap :)

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Genius! I love this idea. Thanks!

LimeRiot said...

This is just TOO fun! I had no idea that you could cut around the bubbles like that! So clever. I love popping those bubbles still too.

Joy said...

Sooo fun! My boys would love this! (and I still enjoy popping those bubbles :))

zakkalife said...

Tulpoeid,LimeRiot, and Joy,

Glad I'm not the only one who still likes to pop the bubble wrap.

Caca said...

this is so creative and fun!

Strikkelise said...

What a fun idea! Thanks! My kids and I almost fight over who gets the first go at popping the bubble wrap, esp. when one with big bubbles like yours turns up.

jill said...

ty

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.