Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Book Review: All Things Paper


If you've been following along on this blog, you know I enjoy paper crafts.  There's something very gratifying about being able to turn a humble piece of paper into a piece of art.  So when Ann asked me if I would like to take a look at her new craft book All Things Paper, of course I said yes.  Ann Martin is also the author of the blog All Things Paper where she posts paper craft tutorials and writes about various paper artists and their work. 

All Things Paper contains 20 projects from 18 leading paper crafters, artists, and designers. Since there are a variety of artists contributing to the book, you get a wide array of projects and styles.  The other benefit is many of the projects incorporate a specific paper technique such as screen printing and quilling.  I personally find craft books like this useful because it allows me to build on the techniques and come up with my own projects. 

One thing that stood out to me about this book was the detail in the directions.  I've never seen a craft book with such detailed instructions.  Because the steps are so well thought out, I believe a beginner level crafter could pick up this book and start making the projects.

Below are a few pictures of  projects you will find in All Things Paper.

Fringed Flower Card by Agnieszka Malyszek - The designer shares how to make this flower which includes a unique technique using mini binder clips.

Citrus Slice Coasters by Casey Starks - Included in this project you will learn about the art of screen printing.

Antique Key Pendant by Ann Martin - For this project you will learn quilling techniques and tips.

If you want to find out more about All Things Paper, click here.

1 comment:

Ann Martin said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the book, Jessica! I'm glad you enjoyed the range of projects.

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.