If you keep up with this blog, you know I have a very talented Aunt Susan who makes all the cakes for my children's birthdays. I had her make a mini cake for the dolls as well. All the girls loved this and were excited about having a piece of cake for their dolls. I found some mini plastic forks at Daiso for the dolls to eat with.
Coolest Homemade Costumes. The doll box was actually pretty simple to make. There was no paint involved, the secret is wrapping paper and duct tape.
I wasn't too impressed with the games I was finding so I came up with this version of the memory game. Here's the how to:
American Girl Doll Memory Game:
1. Copy and print image above so it fits on a 8 1/2 x 11 in paper. Print and cut out circles.
2. Adhere circles to bottom of chocolate kisses. You will need one standard size bag.
3. Place all kisses in a grid shape.
4. Taking turns, have one child look at the bottom of the two kisses to find a match. If they get a match, they get to keep the kisses and try a second time.
5. Continue to take turns trying to find matches until all the kisses are gone.
* I recommend announcing in the beginning of the game that they can not eat the candy until later.
So that's what I was up to last week. If all goes well, next week I'll be sharing some pictures of the oversized Candy Land game I'm making.