Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Photo Towel Craft Project

Here's my latest idea, Photo towels! This is an easy, inexpensive, fun project. I was able to do this in less than a day. These would be great for birthday parties.

A few things to note before you get started. You want to make sure the head of the image isn't too much bigger than the average size head. I found this towel at Kohl's. But you can get your towel anywhere, it doesn't have to be this image.

Directions
Supplies
towel
matching twill tape
thread
needle
2 extra large grommets
hammer
scissors

Cut out face of towel. I just did it by freehand but you could mark if first. Yellow lines show where I cut it.

Start at the top center of the hole and fold twill tape on the front and back. Hand stitch the twill tape around the hole. Guide the tape and stitch as you go. This will cover up rough edges and prevent the towel from fraying. I didn't need to pin the twill down, but you could if you wish. You could also use a sewing machine as well.

Attach a large grommet to the two top corners of the towel. Grommets usually come in a kit with directions on how to attach them, it's pretty easy. Done


Enjoy!

5 comments:

artsyclay said...

What a cute idea!

Tip Junkie said...

Great idea. I could see my boys getting crazy with this and doing an entire skit or something. Very cool.

Moonshadow said...

This IS a really cute idea! I make buttons and this year I have made "sunflower" buttons for all of the grandkids that visited. I haven't posted a description or picture yet, but I will eventually.

Solicity Sock Monkey said...

Adorable idea! Great for the next birthday party. Thanks!

Solicity Sock Monkey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.