Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Some of my Art work

"Father and Son"

Thought I'd share some of my art work. Both pieces were done by stippling. First I draw the image out on "hot press illustration board". That's the easy part. Then very meticulously, I take a black ink Micron 005 pen and make dots to create the image. The dots are about the size of a pin head. Once the image is done, I erase any pencil marks showing. When stippling an image, keep in mind for every square inch it takes about 1-2hrs. It takes a lot of patience but the results are great. And if you think stippling is hard enough, I created the "Father and Son" piece in the middle of the night, while sleep deprived from my newborn.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I love your work! Stippling was my favorite in art in High School. I wasn't any good at any of it but is fascinated me. So did Pointillism.

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.