Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Goody Goody Gumdrop Necklaces

Here's a necklace good enough to sink your teeth into, the gumdrop necklace! While eating gumdrops today, the idea popped into my head. So, I tested it out and it worked! Love when that happens. Just think of the possibilities with all the great shapes gummy candy comes in, coke bottles, frogs, hearts, etc. This could be a fun child craft project/treat. Perhaps favors for a birthday party? Directions below.

Supplies:
Gummy candy
Waxed dental floss
Sterilized sewing needle

Just thread the needle and start stringing the candy however you want. The candy will stay in place because it's so sticky. To secure the necklace I just tied it in a basic knot. Here's the directions to make the flower.

16 comments:

Aglaya said...

That's sooo cool! I was going to make me a whole lot of tea and start reading Personal Income Tax Act... and now I'm off to buy me some gumdrops. I'm no longer able to read that without some gummy sweetnes now.

Lisa [strickerin] said...

Genuis! I have said it before and I will say it again, you are full of brilliant ideas.

*Off to the corner shop for some jubes now*

Renna said...

That is adorable! It's much cuter than the old candy necklaces I remember buying as a kid. :-)

Amber M. said...

Darling AND delicious!

Anonymous said...

haha... ah... now you will never loose your candy. :P
Creative.

alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Hurrayic said...

Eat as you go! Very cute. I wouldn't want to wear it in the rain though - a bit sticky. :)

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

cute! of course not to wear in todays heat, 101, it would get sticky! lol!

mushroommeadows said...

Yummy fun! And you're right...there are so many gummi possibilities. I love gummi candy!

Montay said...

Blog hopping and found you thru Amber M very fun Blog I will be back such cute ideas

Christine said...

Oh yeah, I remember doing that as a kid! Tried it with grapes, too, but what a mess!
Cheers!

Unknown said...

now that is one necklace my kids will LOVE to the max!! Thanks for the wonderful tip as I am sure they'll love making it :)

Tizzalicious said...

Haha, I love that!

zakkalife said...

thanks everyone for your comments, I always appreciate them :)

macati said...

this makes me want to make a necklace of my own... but I'm sure it wouldn't last long... :)

Chase Clark said...

Heh, take that Martha Stewart! Super cute idea, loved the tutu as well!

zakkalife said...

thanks Chace!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.