Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Thursday, June 5, 2008

How To Make Personalized Poker Chips

I created this craft with the intention of using it for a Father's Day Gift. This project is easy and relatively inexpensive. Directions below.

Supplies
Plastic Poker Chips (you can even find these at the dollar store)

Rubber Stamp - You can either make one or buy one. I made my stamp for the poker chip above. Here's a good tutorial if you want to make you own stamp. If you opt to buy one, initials might be nice.


This stamp pad is the crucial piece to the project. The ink is permanent and will adhere to most surfaces, particularly plastic. You can get this at most craft stores.

This ink will not wipe off or smudge even if the poker chip gets wet, I tested it.


Directions: Get a good amount of ink on your stamp, and stamp the poker chip. That's it.

Success Tips
*Let the chips dry for at least 2 hours.
*Once you stamp the poker chip you will not be able to wipe the ink off. So practice with your stamp first.

Here's another "How To" idea for Father's Day, click here.

3 comments:

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

What a great idea - simple and cute. Men can be so hard to craft for, but I can already think of men in my life who would love this gift. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Another great idea...now I've got to think of something to personalize for Father's Day :)

Anonymous said...

Been playing poker for a few years and finally decided to customize my own chips... I was gonna just print them out on sheets I got from onlinelabels.com, but I love the idea about rubber stamping the chips

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.