Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Monday, June 16, 2008

Knit Fireman Hat and Booties

I knit this hat/booties set for a baby shower. The Father of the baby is a Fireman, hence the theme. I used the booties pattern from the book "Knitting Pretty" by Kris Percival and omitted the eyelets. For the hat I used the pattern here. I also left out the eyelets and used cotton yarn instead for the hat pattern. It would be fun to make other themed sets like a nurse, or police officer. The possibilities are endless.

11 comments:

Missy said...

Aww they're adorable. You did a great job!

Amber M. said...

That has got to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen. It's sure to be treasured!!

ms firefly said...

the color combinations are so cool, what a cute little baby fireman i am sure he would be!

mushroommeadows said...

brilliant and so thoughtful, too! :)

by the way, I glued the shrinky dink girl onto a magnet. :)

Anonymous said...

I really like the boots! Very nice.

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Renna said...

What a cute idea. I'll have to remember to consider a theme the next time I knit a baby gift. :-)

Ginger said...

Great job on the set adorable!!
I was checking out the booties awesome!

Unknown said...

Beautiful..wished I could do, but I can't knit even if my life depended on it :( I posted the rosette and a special award for you of course :D

kate said...

ah! my brother is a fireman... this will be perfect when he has kids!

Beth said...

Those are so cute. I am knitting your neck warmer soon. I love it. Reminds me of something victorian. I wanted to thank you for posting it!

Anonymous said...

i think this would be one of the best gifts for kids.

Girl Names

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.