Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Birthday Tea Party

As promised, I said I would share more about my daughter's birthday tea party.

1. I made this newspaper banner using Maya*made's tutorial. The newspaper roses in the post below were inspired by this banner tutorial as well.

2. Since this was a child's birthday party, all the details were more whimsical. For added surprise, I filled the sugar bowl with pink sparkling sugar.

3. I purchased lace gloves for all the children at the party. You can find great deals on gloves after Easter. I found some for 20 cents a pair at Target. I'm sure you could find some in the clearance isle after Halloween as well.

4. For favors, I made all the guests strawberry-banana popcorn balls on sticks. I'll be sharing the recipe later in the week.

5. Italian cookies with pink frosting. One of my favorite cookie recipes.


Birthday cake made by Auntie Susan

The little teacup is a cake too.

19 comments:

lizzy-loo said...

what a beautiful party! we are planning a tea party for november and love seeing others ideas. i found your blog through blog comment and must say thanks for letting me drop in i have enjoyed your site.

Lisa U said...

omigosh! How adorable! Your daughter is one lucky birthday girl!

World Wide Alternative said...

Gorgeous! XXxx

Anonymous said...

She's so pretty and sweet! The birthday cake is simply super!

mayaluna said...

Happy Birthday! What a fantastic party! You have a very lucky little birthday girl...and she's so beautiful. I love all of your ideas so much...my little one would love a party with all of these touches...pink sugar! Great fun to see the banner up there.Hurray! We've re-used ours several times already. Newspaper, especially painted, is so satisfying.

Melissa said...

So cute! I love the ideas and the cake is amazing.

Rachael Hutchings said...

How darling! Are you going to share your recipe for the Italian cookies as well? Pretty please?

Unknown said...

my girls will love it..actually, I dont mind to have it for myself too :D

mushroommeadows said...

How absolutely special! I want a birthday party like that! I also love the idea of lace gloves for all the girls. wonderful! :)

Amber M. said...

What a darling party for a darling girl! I love all the little pink details!

Ginger said...

What a wonderful party thats one happy little girl! Sweetie loved the idea of the flowers cute!
hugs ginger

Renna said...

What amazing memories you must be creating for your children, Jessica! I wish I'd known you for inspriation when my own kids were small.

Aunty Susan is obviously extremely creative and talented as well. The cakes are awesome!

I have to say, though, the cutest thing of all is the precious little birthday girl. She is ADORABLE!!!

Dubbs said...

too adorable! and thanks for the lead to the tutorial!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday cutie pie!
What a beautiful party. All the details are divine.

::Sylvia:: said...

I love this idea!! If I ever have a girl I would do this theme every year I think!

I was also wondering if you'd be interested in joining our team of contributors over at Blissfully Domestic's Creative Bliss channel. We're looking for new additions to our team and I'd love for you to join us!

Let me know what you think! sylvia{at}blissfullydomestic{dot}com

Liz said...

Happy birthday to your little cutie. Looks like an amazing party!

ms firefly said...

happy belated birthday to her!
she looked so thrilled with her cake. lovely lovely cake, with a little cake teacup! the birthday banner is a fabulous idea, without spending much!

Lolita Blahnik said...

ohhhh, such a lovely party!!!!! so good ideas...

susan said...

would you share the italian cookie recipe?
love all the pink

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.