Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chunky Cable Knit Scarf

Now that the cold weather is approaching, I've been in a knitting mood. I discovered this lovely scarf at FrankenSkein. The actual pattern for the scarf can be found at Stitch DC Blog. I knit this scarf up in one day! If you've never tried cable knit before, this would be a great project to learn from. I think you might be surprised how easy it is.

On a side note, I think my neighbors must think I'm crazy. My neighbor was out cutting the hedges when she saw me wrapping a scarf around the fence and taking pictures of it. I also wrapped it around a tree to take pictures. And you can bet this wasn't the first time. Perhaps if they knew I blogged it wouldn't come across as so odd. But, I'm not giving out that information. I'm fine with being the strange neighbor in their eyes.


sad attempt #1 - taking a picture of myself wearing the scarf. I kind of look like a mannequin in this picture because it's so blurry.

sad attempt #2 - proof that this is in fact me and not a mannequin, not the most flattering shot either

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT is really pretty! I can't believe you did it in only a day, though I am not a knitter.

ps. they are not "sad attempts", I think they are great, they get the perspectives across brilliantly! :)

mushroommeadows said...

Lovely scarf...and I like your picture!! ;)

Amanda @ www.kiddio.org said...

How funny! I was must wondering today how a scarf made from one giant cable would be. It's gorgeous! (oh, and cabling is so much easier than it looks. I was so intimidated!)

Renna said...

I love the scarf, Jessica! Your's appears less bulky than one of them I saw on FrankenSkein, and I really prefer the less bulky look. What yarn did you use?

Rachael Hutchings said...

Ha ha ha, I love imagining what is going through your neighor's mind, that's great! Gorgeous scarf--I LOVE the color!

Kristin said...

Wow! Knitting too? You are so talented, it looks great.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! I finished that project so quick, but I love the color you used, so I may have to make it again! Yours does appear a bit less bulky...did you use Cascade Magnum and size 19 needles?

By the way, I am a long time fan of your blog...ever since I saw that amazing pencil-shaped scarf....I'm actually making it for my niece this xmas!

Liz said...

One day - that's amazing!

Indigo Blue said...

Hi,
I have got my wool so hopefully before next summer I will have my own cable scarf.

Can I pick your brains? I would like to put some of my ideas onto craft by craftzine.com. I subscribe and recieve emails daily but I can not see on the website how to go about this. Can you help?
Many thanks
XX

Zip n Tizzy said...

Beautiful cable knit.
I think it's important to keep an air of mystery going... what else would the neighbors have to worry about?

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.