Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Knitting for The American Girl Doll


Have you ever seen these American Girl Dolls before? Well, my little sister has one so I decided to knit up some accessories for the doll. I found a decent amount of patterns on Ravelry and Knitting Pattern Central for accessories/clothing for the doll. Below are a few pictures of accessories I knit.

If anyone knows of any sites for free knitting patterns for these dolls, please share in the comments for the rest of us. Thanks.



I decided to make my own hat pattern for the doll. Once I find out that the hat fits the doll well, I'll share the pattern. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I found the pattern for these cute little mittens at My Mom Knits. I'm going to make some of the mittens for Christmas ornaments next year as well.

I decided to make a matching scarf as well. There was no pattern for this one either.

6 comments:

Heleen said...

great knitting! The Amercan doll is really spoiled!
Happy new year!

Renna said...

If you haven't seen the ones at MajorKnitter, Jennifer has several there. Here's a link to a list of her AG patterns:

http://majorknitter.typepad.com/major_knitter/2005/02/free_knitting_p.html

Happy New Year, Jessica! :-)

Anonymous said...

My girls were wild about these dolls a few years ago. Wish I'd thought to knit for them then! Sewing tiny clothes is a pain. This would have been a lot more fun.

::Sylvia:: said...

Yea! I needed a pair of mittens for my new doll! Check my "back home" post to see her! :)

Anonymous said...

Have you pulled together the pattern for these yet. Our dolly could use a winter hat.

Sheltie Times said...

I can't be the only one who still stumbles on old posts. I just posted a link to your hat to my collection of AG crochet and knitting patterns. If you or anyone else is interested in free patterns please visit.

http://craftatticresources.blogspot.com/2009/09/american-girl-and-18-doll-pattern-links.html

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.