Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Thursday, January 5, 2012

At First Site: Cookieboy

Photo Credit: Cookieboy

For 2012 I've decided to introduce a new series called At First Site. I'll be sharing sites around the web that inspire me. Hopefully you'll find them inspiring too.

I'm kicking off the series with the blog cookieboy. Please don't judge the site by the banner. I promise the rest of the blog is not filled with cookies hanging off a half naked man. Instead, this blog showcases the work of cookie artist Yamatake Natsu Hilo. What made me choose this site was his unconventional approach to the basic sugar cookie and how he's pushing the envelope with his baking. I'll leave it at that and let the pictures do the talking. This site is in Japanese but can easily be translated with Google Translate.

cookies from a cookie workshop

Jewelry displayed on cookies!

Cookie Cafe Display - I would love to see Amy Atlas do something like this with her dessert tables.

P.S. A craft tutorial is coming soon, promise. If all goes well, it should be up Monday *fingers crossed*.

3 comments:

jojoebi-designs said...

alas I was hoping that I would click through and find baked goods adorning handsome mens bodies - would make a good blog, I wonder if my husband is up for it? lol.
Looks like a cute site even if there are few semi naked men on it!

OMIYAGE said...

I love Cookieboy! But beautiful & tasty - what's not to like, right?

We actually posted about Cookieboy a little while ago - more cookie eye candy: http://omiyageblogs.blogspot.com/2010/11/oh-cookie-boy.html

Michelle L. said...

"I promise the rest of the blog is not filled with cookies hanging off a half naked man." But whahhh! There should be a blog like that!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.