Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Thursday, March 21, 2013

DIY Mini Paper Chain

I never tire of the humble paper chain.  It's simple, classic, versatile and in my opinion quite charming.  When I look at it, memories of countdown chains from childhood come to mind.  As a tribute to this humble craft, I decided to make a mini version of it.

This craft is pretty self explanatory so I'm not going to write a detailed tutorial but I will share a couple tips.

1.  When making a tiny chain you will want to use a paper that is light weight and flexible.  Card stock is too heavy and will kink when you bend the paper into loops.

2.  Instead of glue, I found washi tape works best for securing each ring.  This way you don't have to wait for the glue to dry or worry about part of the chain popping open.  For the washi tape, I recommend choosing a color that blends in with your paper. 

A few ideas of what to do with your paper chains:
  • decorate a dollhouse
  • use it in a mixed media art project
  • hang it around the edges of pictures on a bulletin board or inspiration board

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I never seen a tiny one before. What's a cute idea.

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.