Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Handmade Goods at Maker Faire 2013

Laurel Begley

One of my favorite things to do when I'm at any fair is look at all the handmade booths.  But I especially enjoy looking at the crafts at the Maker Faire for obvious reasons.  Here are a few pictures I snapped at the Bazaar Bizarre tent at the fair.

Pictured above are some mushroom jars by the artist Laurel Begley.  I liked how all her pieces were bright, cheery  and had a touch of whimsy to them. 

I ended up purchasing one her small plates.  I think it makes a nice little card holder.  To see more of Laurel's work, visit her Etsy store.

As soon as I saw Katy Kristin's booth, I knew my daughter was going to want one her plush dolls.  And I can't blame her, they were all adorable.  

My daughter ended up settling on this hamster.  She liked that it had a heart print and a heart shaped face.  She kept it tucked under her arm the entire day and would not let it out of her site. 

To see more of Katy Kristin's items, visit her Etsy shop

Technically these robots are not handmade goods but you do build them yourself.  They're called Piperoids and they're a craft kit that comes with paper tubes that you cut and bend to make a robot.  I've bought some in the past for my son and they're a lot of fun to make.  I didn't buy any this time but I did get . . .


. . . this robot instead!  This is also a robot that you construct yourself only it is made up of wood and paper.  The company that makes them is called Play-Deco.  To see more of these craft kits, please visit Magnote

This is a very small look into the handmade crafts at Maker Faire.  If you would like to see more, Agnes Niewiadomski has a great write up with lots of pictures over at the Make: Craft blog.  You can also see more of the vendors at the Bazaar Bizarre site.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oooh! What fun finds!

Alyssa said...

Thanks for pointing out those jars. I see a future Christmas present :)

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.