Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Friday, January 18, 2008

Combating Creative block

"Penny Plains" and "Two-pence Coloulred:" English Theatrical Portraits 1799-1847 in the William Appleton Collection

This image is from The New York Digital Library . I have found the digital library to be a great source for inspiration, education, and reference for crafts and art among other things. They have thousands of digital pictures you can access.

This is one of my favorite sites for inspiration. I'd love to hear from all of you what sites inspire you. Please share with all of us your favorite sites in the comments section and leave a link if possible.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is.
Thanks for the information.
This is good stuff.

Alex
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Heidi K. Rettig said...

Thanks for this - I found some images I like for collage and bookmaking, "cyanotypes of british algae" being a favorite.
Heidi
www.twokitties.typepad.com

zakkalife said...

Hi heidi

I checked out the "twokitties" site, great site. I liked the felt bird pouch. Thanks for sharing

jessia

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that your blog at times gives me inspiration and makes me feel happy.

I was given the "You Make My Day Award" and I am now passing it to you. If you wish, please pass it on to 10 other blogs that gives you inspiration and makes you feel happy. :P Go to my blog to collect your award picture.

Have a great weekend.

zakkalife said...

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the award, I'll do my best to pass it on to ten other people.

Brie said...

Wow! Thank you! :) Fabulous site! I love little crafter secrets like these. :) And thanks for commenting in my blog.

bunbun said...

I like smilescan.net for kawaii inspiration. And I love reading your blog!
I also like Craftzine's japanese craft archive as well.

zakkalife said...

Hi bunbun,

cute little site, thanks for sharing. I just glanced over at the site quickly, it looks like scanned Japanese stationary. I'll have to check it out again when I have more time.

I love craftzine too. Very inspiring.

bunbun said...

I was on craftzine today and saw a post about you! How cool! I love those lucky stars!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.