Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ribbon Rosette Craft Series

This week I will be showing different items you can make with ribbon rosettes. The first project for the series is embellishing earrings with rosettes.

To make this simply place the earring through the center hole of the rosette. You can change the rosettes out with different earrings to get different effects. Or, add a little glue to the back of the pearl to make it permanent.

Come back throughout the week to see other projects.

Directions on how to make a ribbon rosette below.

Supplies:
Ribbon 4" to 5" in length ( the length will depend on the width of your ribbon and how gathered you want it)
Matching thread
Sewing needle

Fold ribbon in half, right sides together. Sew the edges to together (refer to picture). Knot and trim thread.


Turn right side out. Sew all around the edge (refer to picture).


Pull thread tight to gather. Your rosette should look something like this. You might have to shape it a little. As you can tell, this rosette is not perfect yet. Knot and trim thread in the back of the rosette. Done!

10 comments:

Aglaya said...

Oh I need to make one (or two... or five...)! They're great! Off to find some ribbon :)

mushroommeadows said...

oh...so easy!!! :)Can't wait to see the other rosette tutorials!!!

Leah said...

really cute way to use a little ribbon. I have some scraps of ribbon I've been saving so I might have to try this!

Ginger said...

This was a great tutorial something new for me to make thank you for sharing with all of us you rock!

Camilla said...

So simple and yet something I would probably really struggle with if I tried to work it out myself!

zakkalife said...

thanks Ginger!

Anonymous said...

This is perfect, bought a sweater without realizing had a hole in the back. Going to make 2 rosettes, one to cover the hole, the other placed on the opposite side, no one will know they weren't meant to be there. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. I have two beautiful little girls. What kind of glue did you use? Thanks...

zakkalife said...

For the earrings I didn't glue the ribbon to them. They just stay in place when you wear them.

For the pin I used E6000 glue.

StinkerbellSteph said...

Super duper cute!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.