Did you know you can make yo-yo's out of newspaper? While experimenting with different mediums, I discovered newspaper worked well. So, what do you do with a newspaper yo-yo? Make a newspaper yo-yo quilt? So far, I've been using them for card embellishments. Curious to hear what all of you would use them for.
Simple directions below on how to make a newspaper yo-yo card.
First you will need to make a newspaper yo-yo. To make a newspaper yo-yo, follow these fabric yo-yo directions. The only thing you'll want to do different is cut and sew two circles together instead of one. This will keep the thread from ripping the newspaper.
white card stock 8 1/2" by 5 1/2"
khaki card stock 4" by 5"
double stick tape
brown ink pad
1. Fold white card stock in half. Color the edges brown with an ink pad.
2. Color the edges of the khaki card stock brown with an ink pad. With double stick tape, adhere the khaki paper to the white card stock.
3. Fold ribbon in half and glue to card (refer to picture).
4. Glue newspaper yo-yo over the ribbon.
5. Glue button to center of yo-yo. Done.