This craft project was inspired by Martha Stewart's vacation memory jars. But instead of filling a jar with vacation mementos, I decided to recreate a precious moment from our vacation. Here's how I did it.
First I gathered up some pictures for inspiration to recreate Pixie Hollow
I gathered up items I might find in Pixie Hollow: moss, ladybugs, flowers and grass.
Photo printed on vellum paper
Electric tea light
1. Paint jar lid green. Cut styrofoam ball in half and paint green (make sure it fits in the opening of your jar). Let dry.
2. Print out a picture ( I printed it on vellum paper).
4. Glue picture to green styrofoam ball. Glue to bottom of jar.
5. Drop in moss along the sides of the styrofoam. Next, cover all of the styrofoam with moss. I poked the moss into the styrofoam with a chopstick.
5. Glue embellishments on the moss such as flowers, ladybugs, mushrooms, etc.
Hot glue a tea light underneath lid. This tea light turns on and off by twisting it (purchased at the dollar store).
Sprinkle a little gold glitter in the inside for fairy dust. Attach lid on jar. Done.