Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Friday, March 29, 2013

InstaThis Turns Photos into Art

 
Not to long ago I was approached by InstaThis to review their wood or acrylic prints.  This was perfect timing on their part because I was just sharing on Sulia how I never know what to do with all my Instagram photos.  Usually there's not enough photos of the same event to create a photo album which leaves me with a bunch of photos hanging out on my computer/phone.  Now I can say I've converted at least one photo into a lovely piece of art thanks to InstaThis.

How InstaThis Works

You can connect with Instagram to upload your photos or upload directly from your computer.  I uploaded an image from my computer.



 My daughter wearing her ewok hat.

Here's a close up of the image I had printed on 10 x 10 birch wood.  InstaThis also gives you the option of printing on acrylic but I thought the warm tones of this picture would play off with the wood texture nicely.  This brings me to an important point, printing on wood will produce slightly different results than printing on paper.  My image came out a little darker which is expected.  That said, I thought the printing quality was very good.

Here's a couple pictures of what the back of the wood looks like.  I like how the edges are beveled to give it a more polished look.  You'll also notice the groove in the back of the wood.  That's for mounting your art.  Each piece comes with mounting hardware that you place in the wall.  Then you just slide the art onto it.

I don't have a picture to share but my print came very nicely and safely packaged.  The print was neatly wrapped up surrounded by paper to cushion it and packed in a sturdy cardboard box.  When I receive a neatly wrapped package, it tells me the sender takes pride in their product.

Thinking of converting some of your Instagram photos into prints?  InstaThis is offering a 15% discount to Zakka Life readers!  Just use the code KAWAII15.  I do not receive any kind monetary compensation or commission from purchased products.

1 comment:

Ann Martin said...

That's the cutest photo and it looks so nice on wood! Thanks for the intro to InstaThis.

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.