Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Remembering Kathreen


I had planned to post a craft tutorial today. But after hearing the news about Kathreen Ricketson and her husband Rob Shugg's tragic accident, it just didn't feel right.  I am in disbelief and deeply saddened by this news.  It was just a few weeks ago that we had talked briefly via email. I never met Kathreen in person.  I wouldn't say we were especially close but I considered her a friend.

Many of you know Kathreen from her popular craft blog, Whip Up.  When I first started blogging, Whip Up was one of the first craft blogs I started reading.  I was even fortunate enough to be featured on the blog a few times.  Kathreen contributed to the craft community in so many ways. I will miss Kathreen and her creative adventurous spirit.  My prayers are with her family and children.

To keep updated on how you can help her family, visit whipup.net.  Currently an education fund is being set up for her children.  Once more information is posted, I will share.

UPDATE:  There's now an email address posted to donate via Pay Pal plus and address to send checks.  Click here.

3 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I just learned of this tragedy and my heart aches. I followed Kathreen's crafty adventures for the last few years and loved her action packs. My prayers are with her children and family.

Suzanne said...

Kathreen will be sorely missed. I am happy that you knew her beyond her blog and thankful that I had discovered her happy space myself.

tamdoll said...

I did not know about this until I read your post. I started blogging in '06 because of Whipup. Very sad & tragic.

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.