Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Slouchy Knit Hat

Do you ever have the sudden desire for an article of clothing or an accessory? Every once in awhile I'll become obsessed with something that I have to have (immature, I know). Well, that something was a slouchy hat. I don't know why, I can't think of one I saw in the store or online. I just had this idea that I needed a slouchy hat. So I went through my yarn stash and came up with this one in the pictures. I couldn't find a pattern that suited me so it's a mash up of patterns I found on Ravelry. This pattern in particular was my inspiration.


11 comments:

Rita B. Domingues said...

It's beautiful! I wish I knew how to knit... For now, I just sew...

JB said...

Ooh...it's awesome and I love that yarn!

Little Ol' Liz said...

Beautiful!
But beware -- I don't exactly know why, but slouchy hats like to disappear. The one I knit (for covetous reasons) went missing after exactly 3 wearings.

And I loved that hat.

Abigail said...

Lovely! Slouchy hats seem to suit everyone, even me (not got a 'hat face')!
I like the yarn too - what is it?

Lilly Higgins said...

So pretty! And so cool too!

Tracey said...

I love that hat! And the colors are beautiful!

zakkalife said...

Abigail,

The yarn is by Schaefer Yarn 99% Merino Wool, 1% Nylon in the color Renata Tebaldi. I picked it up at my local yarn shop.

LindaJ said...

Absolutely adorable...so is the hat!
I wish I were a hat person, because I love the slouchy look. Your choice of yarn is perfect and it's a job well done!

alittlebitofscrap said...

Pretty hat :) Love the colors!

Ayie said...

i wish i know know to knit! what a beautiful hat!!!

Michele T said...

My daughter has been wanting me to knit her a hat exactly like this... and we love the pattern. Could you please put it in your free pattern section? Thanks!!

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.