Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Monday, March 17, 2008

Grow Your Own Easter Grass

My Mother in Law planted this grass in the kids Easter baskets. What a nice alternative to the fake plastic grass, don't you think? All you need to do is line a basket with plastic wrap. Add some soil, add some grass seed (we used wheat grass), add water, and place in the sun. It takes a little less than a week to grow so there's still time if you want to make one for Easter. This also might make a nice dinner table centerpiece. If you don't have a basket, a nice bowl/dish would work as well.

12 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What a clever mother in law.
The basket looks fabulous
Alison

Amber M. said...

What a great idea...I need a bunch of centerpieces for an activity coming up and real grass sounds like a really unique plan. Thanks!

Liz said...

Great idea. I'll have to watch the thrift shops for a lined basket I can use for next year.

Anonymous said...

That really does look quite smart... My work sells some really nice porcelain easter baskets... I might have to try this.

Oiyi said...

Your MIL is super creative!

macati said...

yes, they look much better with real grass!

bunbun said...

simple and sweet. i love fresh grass, especially in little containers, it always looks so refreshing and natural.

mushroommeadows said...

That's amazing! It totally makes sense too. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Very nice idea for easter!
That's lovely. :)

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Kozy Kitty said...

That looks great! I think I may do that with cat grass seeds which I think is oat grass. My cats always get into the easter grass which isn't good for them.

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I don't know why I did not think of this before easter! I think because our heads have been all clouded up with head colds and allergies.

Gen said...

Love this idea, hope to try it this year :)

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.