Home About Press Crafts Recipes

Friday, February 27, 2009

Craft Tutorial: Origami Empress

Girl's Day Card with Origami Empress

Well some how Girl's Day crept up on me again (it's March 3rd, yikes). So I had all these ideas of craft projects I would share and now there's no time to do them. However, I was able to put together this tutorial on how to fold an empress. Simple directions below.



Starting with a square piece of paper, fold in half diagonally. Unfold. Use the crease you made as a guide to where to fold the the right flap in (refer to right picture).


Fold the other flap in. Your paper should now look like the image on the left. Flip your paper over. Fold the top flap down (refer to right picture). Flip paper over.


Fold the bottom point up (refer to left picture). Fold both side flaps in (refer to right picture).


Fold the head of the empress. Click on picture to get a better view.

I ended up gluing down the arms to keep them flat. Done.

*For the card I just glued items on a white card stock in this order: mizuhiki cord, black card stock square, gold origami paper square, empress.

If you want to learn more about Girl's Day, click here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial-can't wait to try it out. I love your blog.

Rachael Hutchings said...

Aaaah! How can it be almost March 3rd already? Sigh. Hina Matsuri has totally snuck up on me this year. I think I need to start planning now for next year. Love the card--beautiful!

Alycia said...

what a beautiful card :)

Kate said...

Just had a go at making this card and it turned out beautifully. Thanks for the tutorial! :)

zakkalife said...

Kate,

You're welcome!

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Have just tried this empress and it turned out wonderfully, thanks for the tutorial. I was searching the net for something to make for my Granddaughter
Jenni

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Thank you for the kind message on my blog, I forgot in my hurry to make the card to copy your blog address, now I have it again I have added a link to your card......thanks again
Jenni

Zakka Life has moved to a new site!

Click here to visit the new site.